Play Alloa is looking for a new member of staff to support service users in accessing their local communities and enhancing their social development on a 1:1 basis.
Place of Work: Various
Rate of Pay: £8.83 per hour
Closing Date: 12pm on Friday 17th August
The successful candidates will report directly to our Senior Project Manager and Service Delivery Manager; and will work hours as agreed between you, Play Alloa and the related families and/or external agencies (e.g. social work) involved with individual service users. For example, you may be asked to commit to a weekly shift between 12pm and 6pm on a Wednesday afternoon.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Planning and accompanying service users on visits to safe, creative and appropriate social opportunities, and ensuring they are actively involved in such planning and activities
- Ensuring social activities meet the full range of the service user’s indiviudal needs, and are carried out in a safe and responsible manner,
in accordance with statutory responsibilities*
- Supporting service users in making friendships and communicating with other members of the community
- Developing and maintaining good relationships and communication with families
- Ensuring online reports are submitted following each session, tailored to the service user you support
- Liaising with the office regarding all matters
Further details can be found within the recruitment pack for this post, available alongside an application form below.
Click here to download a recruitment pack in PDF format.
Click here to download an application form in word format.
Please return your completed application form to us either by emailing email@example.com, or posting to Play Alloa, 19 Broad Street, Alloa, FK10 1AN.
*Note: this role does not involve providing personal care, defined by the Department of Work and Pensions as ‘attention required in connection with bodily functions.’ For example, this may include dressing, feeding, washing, bathing, toileting, shaving, getting in or out of bed, or taking medication.
Please direct any enquiries relevant to this post to Maria Malcolm, Senior Project Manager.